The following drafts (or "interim" statements) were developed through professionally facilitated community consensus sessions conducted over the past several months. Please take a moment to review the statements and give us your feedback.
• Will collaborate with students, teachers, parents, staff, and community members to ignite the potential of and create meaningful and engaging opportunities for each child;
• Will respect the inherent value of each student and incorporate the strengths and diversity of students, families, staff and communities; and
• Will be a welcoming inclusive school district where all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives.
2. BVSD will increase community involvement, corporate partnerships, volunteer involvement, and legislative advocacy.
3. BVSD provides a safe and inclusive environment for students, their families, and staff.
4. BVSD attracts, hires, and through quality professional development retains outstanding professionals at all levels of the organization.
5. BVSD will partner with parents and the larger community to support efforts to help all students enter school ready to learn.
6. BVSD will measure the personal success of each child as well as the overall effectiveness of the school system using measures that include but are not limited to traditional achievement tests.
7. BVSD will ensure that race, social economic status, learning needs and risk factors will not be barriers to student success.
8. BVSD will graduate students who are prepared to be active citizens and community participants.
9. BVSD will prepare students for success beyond high school graduation.
10. BVSD will strive to have all students proficient by the end of elementary school to be prepared to access middle level education including, but not limited to, literacy and numeracy.
11. BVSD will implement programs that address the intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being of students.
12. BVSD will advocate for adequate resources, and will prioritize and be accountable for the allocation of available resources to achieve district goals.